Plastic Film Manufacturing Excellence
Klöckner Pentaplast (kp) is a global company with a deep-rooted history, which offers complete protective packaging portfolios of high-quality products, including both rigid films, rigid thermoformed trays and flexible films, and a reputation for outstanding service.
Global Manufacturing excellence at Klöckner Pentaplast
kp has a proven commitment to manufacturing excellence, HSHE and quality performance, promoting our continuous improvement culture.
To help achieve manufacturing excellence, kp applies technical competence to manufacturing high quality products and providing a world-class service in a global environment.
We apply and maintain these internationally recognised business management standards at our global manufacturing plants:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System - Designed to help kp meet the needs of our customers and other stakeholders while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to our products and services (recognised under the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards).
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System - Helps kp minimise how operational activities could negatively affect the environment and we commit to comply with applicable legislation/regulations and sustain continual improvement.
- British Retail Consortium (BRC) Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials - Ensures that kp demonstrates compliance in hazard and risk management, hygiene, product safety and quality systems (this is recognised by the Global Food Safety Initiative).
- SQF Food Safety Codes - Allows kp manufacturing plants (specific to certain plants) to demonstrate compliance on the systematic approach of CODEX Alimentarius Commission HACCP principles and guidelines for the control of food safety and quality hazards (recognised by the Global Food Safety Initiative).
- ISO 45001:2018 - A management system used for occupational health and safety, with the specific goal of reducing occupational injuries and diseases at kp’s facilities (replacing ISO 18001 in March 2021).
- ISO 50001:2018 - Allows kp’s facilities to establish, implement, maintain and improve on an energy management system, whose purpose is to enable facilities to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance.
kp’s excellence is driven by our people
- Our product engineers are specialists in their fields, with a vast network of resources at their disposal.
- We strive to add value, and our researchers focus on developing films, products and formulations that help our customers increase productivity and improve cost-effectiveness.
- Our expertise is based on a long and proud heritage of product design. It gives our customers peace of mind, backed up by skilled technicians, excellent service and a solid track record of problem solving.
When our customers buy kp products, they receive the best hands-on technical support in the industry from our skilled application technicians who help ensure our customers always get the optimum performance from our products. Our technical team works closely with machine manufacturers to ensure our products perform perfectly on our customers’ machinery and will also help to overcome any initial set-up or teething problems, as well as optimising our customers’ processing. Our kp team can also help reduce production costs and minimise waste.
Unmatched service and expertise
From the day we sold our first product, great service has been key to kp’s growth, with the success of our customers inevitably linked to our own.
- kp’s sales team is among the largest and most knowledgeable in the industry, with a proud track record of finding the right solution for every application.
- Every sale includes expert technical support delivered by technicians who will ensure products meet exact specifications, and who will answer any technical queries.
- There is an equally high level of service from our customer service representatives, who diligently respond to every request and ensure deliveries are always made on time.